"After years of seeing the damage caused by ordinary shampoos on his client’s hair, celebrity hairstylist, Chaz Dean, created Wen which takes a different approach to cleaning and conditioning hair."
It is essentially a one-step cleansing treatment that is infused with all-natural ingredients that gently cleanse and condition your hair. Because it contains no damaging detergents or sulfates, it won’t strip the natural oils from your scalp or hair.
- Rinse hair thoroughly with water.
- Apply 10-15 pumps of WEN to your palms and rub together. (My hair is a little longer than shoulder-length and I only need about 5-6 pumps of product.)
- Massage into scalp for 1-3 minutes, and gently comb conditioner through hair, adding a splash of water to help evenly distribute product.
- Leave in hair for at least 3-5 minutes for maximum conditioning. (Tip: I personally apply WEN as soon as I get in the shower, and leave it on for about 10 minutes while I continue the rest of my shower routine, and by the time I’m ready to rinse it out, my hair feels super clean and silky soft. The longer you leave it in the better!)
- Comb through and rinse hair thoroughly, massaging scalp and running fingers through to the ends. (Combing before and after rinsing helps reduce and prevent tangles.)
- Adds moisture, body, and shine
- Works great on straight, wavy, and curly hair
- Leaves hair soft, manageable and touchable
- Can be used before and after any chemical treatment or when hair has been stressed
- Strengthening action that repairs damage, renews elasticity, and reduces chemical stress of dry, extremely damaged hair.
I’ve been using the WEN for about three weeks now and I must say that I’m impressed. Upon starting the “treatment,” your hair goes through a detox period where it’s a little oily for a few days. This is normal and will eventually balance out with continued use. Because your hair is no longer being stripped of it’s natural oils, your scalp won’t need to produce as much oil, therefore excessive oiliness will subside.
Before using WEN, I could never even think of leaving my naturally wavy hair down to let it air-dry. It would be a wild, frizzy mess! Rather than dealing with uncontrollable frizz, I would always put it up in a bun, or if I had time [and patience] I would blow-dry and straighten it. Three weeks later, the frizz has been drastically reduced. I’ve been letting it air-dry every day and the result is soft, frizz-free, bouncy waves! Not only does my hair look healthier, it feels better!
You can purchase the 5-piece WEN haircare system here for $29.95. The system includes a 30-day supply of the Cleansing Conditioner, Styling Creme, Intensive Hair Repair Mask, Texture Balm, and a Wide Tooth Shower Comb. If you just want to try the Cleansing Conditioner, you can purchase it separately directly from ChazDean.com.